Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
LSU College of Engineering
Wed October 3, 2012
Jindal backs $100M LSU engineering complex
Gov. Bobby Jindal says he supports the state paying for half of a new $100 million engineering education complex at LSU's flagship campus in Baton Rouge.
Jindal announced Tuesday that he'll include the $50 million proposal in the state's annual construction budget, when he proposes it to lawmakers next year. The other half of the funding is expected to come from private donations, about $8 million of which has been raised so far.
The project involves improvements to an existing building, along with the construction of a new annex dedicated to chemical engineering.
Under the plans, construction would begin in fall 2014, estimated for completion two years later.
When the complex is complete, the LSU College of Engineering will double its academic footprint on campus, according to the governor's office.
Baton Rouge Community College