Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed May 2, 2012
Jindal Asks Corps to Increase Flow Into Basin
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is asking the Army Corps of Engineers to increase the flow of water through the Old River Control Structure into the Atchafalaya Basin. Jindal says abnormally low water levels in the basin have spawned complaints about their effects on water quality and the wild crawfish harvest.