Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed May 2, 2012
Jindal Asks Corps to Increase Flow Into Basin
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is asking the Army Corps of Engineers to increase the flow of water through the Old River Control Structure into the Atchafalaya Basin. Jindal says abnormally low water levels in the basin have spawned complaints about their effects on water quality and the wild crawfish harvest.