Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Sat December 29, 2012
Jim Donelon to Serve as Trade Group Leader
Jan. 1 will mark Louisiana Insurance Commissioner Jim Donelon's first day as president of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
Donelon said in a statement Friday that the position will help him place Louisiana "at the forefront in the study and development of insurance regulation."
Donelon has been a member of the national trade group since he became commissioner in 2006. He joined the staff of the state's insurance department in 2001, serving as chief deputy commissioner.