Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue December 18, 2012
Jefferson School Board to Vote on Redistricting Map
The Jefferson Parish School Board will adopt a redistricting map this week that will then be sent to the Department of Justice for approval.
After reviewing competing proposals from board members, school board president Mark Jacobs tells The Advocate a decision was made to hire an outside firm to help the board present a map that ensured all districts were within the legal requirements.
Glenn Koepp of Redistricting LLC was brought on to design and recommend a new map.
Koepp said one of the changes includes creating a new minority district.
The board will hold a special meeting Wednesday to adopt the map proposed by Koepp.