Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- For The First Time In 70 Years, Wild Whooping Cranes Have Laid Eggs In Louisiana
Arts & Culture
Tue May 14, 2013
Jed Horne On 'Unnatural Violence,' Street Culture And Deb Cotton
Among those hit by bullets in Sunday's shootings at the Mother's Day second line was journalist Deb Cotton.
She writes for The Gambit, and covers the city's street culture. She remains alive, reportedly in stable condition, but badly injured by the incident. New Orleans author and journalist Jed Horne has worked with Cotton. He writes in The Lens this week about her perspectives on violence in the city.