Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Around the Nation
Mon October 1, 2012
Jack White Disappointed In Fans' Energy Level
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with news of Jack White. The musician once of the White Stripes was playing Saturday in New York and enraged fans by storming offstage after less than an hour. Mr. White seemed to blame the fans themselves. He complained of their energy level, barking out during the performance: Is this an NPR convention? We'll take that as a compliment. Rolling Stone says the crowd was actually so loud that White also complained he could not hear himself think. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.