Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
All Songs Considered
Thu January 24, 2013
Jack White On Bluesman Charley Patton, Plus Tegan And Sara, More
Originally published on Fri February 1, 2013 9:48 am
NPR Music's Jacob Ganz premieres a brand new Tegan and Sara song, "I Couldn't Be Your Friend," an unabashedly poppy cut from the duo's upcoming album Heartthrob.
Also on the show: A gorgeous premiere from singer Julianna Barwick; NPR Music's Daoud Tyler-Ameen tells the story of a song that literally followed him everywhere he went, and plays a fantastic new rock track from the band RVIVR (pronounced "reviver"). NPR Music editor Stephen Thompson shares the sexy sounds of Rhye while Deceptive Cadence producer Anastasia Tsioulcas tells us about Malian singer Fatoumata Diawara. Oh, and host Bob Boilen has his own favorite new discovery: London-based songwriter Alessi Laurent-Marke, who records and performs as Alessi's Ark.