Most Active Stories
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Fri November 15, 2013
It's BatKid To The Rescue!
Originally published on Fri November 15, 2013 3:36 pm
Miles Scott, 5, who in remission from leukemia, is having his wish to be “Batkid” granted by Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area and the city of San Francisco. If you’re on Twitter, you can follow the the hashtag #SFBatKid to see the updates, or you can watch the live stream.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation To Transform San Francisco Into Gotham City For A Day
- See more photos (scroll down on the page)
ROBIN YOUNG, HOST:
And a quick note. In San Francisco, five-year-old Miles Scott, in remission from leukemia, is Batman today thanks to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Meghna, I think he just rescued a woman tied up on the cable car tracks.
YOUNG: We'll link you to pictures at hereandnow.org. We heart San Francisco. From NPR and WBUR Boston, I'm Robin Young.
MEGHNA CHAKRABARTI, HOST:
I'm Meghna Chakrabarti. Holy radio show, Batman. This is HERE AND NOW.
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "BATMAN THEME") Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.