Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Reports
Mon November 8, 2010
Israeli Prime Minister Heckled At New Orleans Conference
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Netanyahu's remarks to the Jewish Federations of North America were disrupted five times. The organized hecklers denounced Israel's proposed new loyalty oath and occupation policies that they say "delegitimizes" Israel.
"You know I'm going to talk about....I'm going to talk about delegitimizing Israel but they really have the wrong address."
Netanyahu says Israel must remain united to succeed. He devoted much of the speech to a call for more pressure on Iran to halt development of nuclear weapons. Netanyahu is set to meet later this week with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to review the Mideast peace process.
For NPR News, I'm Eileen Fleming in New Orleans.