Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Mon November 8, 2010
Israeli Prime Minister Heckled At New Orleans Conference
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Netanyahu's remarks to the Jewish Federations of North America were disrupted five times. The organized hecklers denounced Israel's proposed new loyalty oath and occupation policies that they say "delegitimizes" Israel.
"You know I'm going to talk about....I'm going to talk about delegitimizing Israel but they really have the wrong address."
Netanyahu says Israel must remain united to succeed. He devoted much of the speech to a call for more pressure on Iran to halt development of nuclear weapons. Netanyahu is set to meet later this week with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to review the Mideast peace process.
For NPR News, I'm Eileen Fleming in New Orleans.