Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Mon September 9, 2013
iShuttle to begin service to DFW airport from Shreveport
Shreveport-based transportation service iShuttle will launch a new shuttle route to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport on Sunday. The van will pick up people from their homes and deliver them to their gates on a regular Friday and Sunday round-trip schedule. This type of shuttle between Shreveport and DFW has been tried before, but iShuttle manager Philip Maxfield thinks there’s an unmet need and the timing is right.
“I watch Facebook, and there’s a lot of interest as to why it costs so much to fly out of Shreveport and meet your connecting flights in Dallas. There are people who want other options," Maxfield said.
The van service, which has a minimum cost of $85 each way, will operate on a trial basis through October. But Maxfield expects it will be well received, and iShuttle might expand to Dallas’ Love Field Airport, home to Southwest Airlines.
“If we get requests for Love Field, we will do Love Field. It’s a different animal and different schedule structure," Maxfield said.
iShuttle launched in 2010 and is known for its high-tech amenities, like scheduling pickups through its app. Maxfield said iShuttle's year-over-year ridership doubled in August.