Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon September 10, 2012
Isaac leaves behind dead fish in bayous
Thousands of dead fish are littering bayous in Lafourche and Terrebonne parishes, casualties of oxygen depletion caused by Hurricane Isaac.
The Courier reports the kills, common after hurricanes disturb organic matter in local waterways, are not expected to pose a threat to drinking water supplies.