Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon September 10, 2012
Isaac leaves behind dead fish in bayous
Thousands of dead fish are littering bayous in Lafourche and Terrebonne parishes, casualties of oxygen depletion caused by Hurricane Isaac.
The Courier reports the kills, common after hurricanes disturb organic matter in local waterways, are not expected to pose a threat to drinking water supplies.