Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Sun September 2, 2012
Isaac flood curfew in St. James Parish
St. James Parish officials have ordered a parish-wide curfew from 9 p.m. Sunday to 6 a.m. Monday.
Parish officials say Blind River has stayed at a 5.6-foot crest for 24 hours, and about 20 houses flooded.
The parish has not called for any evacuation. A shelter for people whose houses flooded was closed Sunday night, and the eight people there were taken to a shelter in Gonzales.
A state news release says Louisiana's transportation department has brought ten buses to the parish in case evacuation is needed, and 146 National Guard soldiers were sent with 13 search and rescue vehicles. Eighteen wildlife agents with boats also were in the parish.
The state also sent an 8-inch pump and a flood assessment team.
Parish website: http://bit.ly/PS3Z9C