Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed August 29, 2012
Isaac: early departure for NSU road games
Athletics director Greg Burke says Northwestern State's four fall sports teams will leave Natchitoches (NAK-uh-tesh) early for weekend games to avoid possible risks from Hurricane Isaac's unpredictable path.
The university will be closed Wednesday through Friday as a precaution. Burke says the football, volleyball, women's soccer and cross-country teams all will leave on Wednesday, a day earlier than planned.
The football and volleyball teams play at Texas Tech in Lubbock, and the other two teams will be in Tulsa.
Burke says that there's no way to know what the weather will be like Thursday, so staffers felt it made sense to leave early.
NCAA teams generally cannot leave more than 48 hours before competition, but Burke says there are exceptions for bad weather.