Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Tropical Storm Isaac
Tue August 28, 2012
Isaac delays alligator season opening in southeast Louisiana
Tropical Storm Isaac is pushing back the alligator season in southeast Louisiana.
The 30-day season had been scheduled to open Wednesday in the east zone — 13 southeastern parishes and parts of eight others.
But with Isaac expected to make landfall as a hurricane on Tuesday in southeast Louisiana, the state Department of Wildlife and Fisheries rescheduled that opening to Saturday.
It says alligator season is still scheduled to open Sept. 5 in the rest of Louisiana, though that could change, depending on storm damage and how the East Zone harvest is going.
The department says hunters should be sure their buyer will be open before they start putting out baited hooks.