Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sun September 2, 2012
Isaac-delayed casino opens, brings out Baton Rouge gamblers
Thousands of gamblers gathered for the opening of Louisiana's newest riverboat casino — an opening delayed three days by Hurricane Isaac.
The $368 million L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge had been scheduled to open Wednesday.
The Advocate reports that Phyllis Reynolds, of Sunshine, got to the casino at 11 a.m., three hours before it opened Saturday.
She says she usually plays the slots at the Belle of Baton Rouge, and gambles every week. She says the new casino is beautiful.
There were so many people waiting to get into the casino that Reynolds had to move several times. She said she might have waited a week if she had known so many people would attend the opening.