Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Sun September 2, 2012
Isaac-delayed casino opens, brings out Baton Rouge gamblers
Thousands of gamblers gathered for the opening of Louisiana's newest riverboat casino — an opening delayed three days by Hurricane Isaac.
The $368 million L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge had been scheduled to open Wednesday.
The Advocate reports that Phyllis Reynolds, of Sunshine, got to the casino at 11 a.m., three hours before it opened Saturday.
She says she usually plays the slots at the Belle of Baton Rouge, and gambles every week. She says the new casino is beautiful.
There were so many people waiting to get into the casino that Reynolds had to move several times. She said she might have waited a week if she had known so many people would attend the opening.