Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Sun September 2, 2012
Isaac-delayed casino opens, brings out Baton Rouge gamblers
Thousands of gamblers gathered for the opening of Louisiana's newest riverboat casino — an opening delayed three days by Hurricane Isaac.
The $368 million L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge had been scheduled to open Wednesday.
The Advocate reports that Phyllis Reynolds, of Sunshine, got to the casino at 11 a.m., three hours before it opened Saturday.
She says she usually plays the slots at the Belle of Baton Rouge, and gambles every week. She says the new casino is beautiful.
There were so many people waiting to get into the casino that Reynolds had to move several times. She said she might have waited a week if she had known so many people would attend the opening.