Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu March 21, 2013
Interviews: LSU Professor Stephen Andes, Buddhist Monk Anam Thubten
Originally published on Fri March 22, 2013 11:44 am
Jim talks with LSU Latin American Studies professor Stephen Andes, about Pope Francis I, the first South American pontiff, and the first from the western hemisphere.
Jan Moller, director of the Louisiana Budget Project, talks about the 62nd annual Gridiron show this weekend, which skewers local politics and events. Jan is joined by Sophia Kunen and Michael Stagg, with Forward Louisiana, to talk about Governor Jindal's tax reform proposal and why Louisiana should accept the Medicaid expansion that's part of the federal health care reforms.
Buddhist monk Anam Thubten discusses the recent rash of self-immolations among monks and holy men in his home country. He''ll speak locally this weekend at the Agame Meditation Center on Acadian.