Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Thu March 21, 2013
Interviews: LSU Professor Stephen Andes, Buddhist Monk Anam Thubten
Originally published on Fri March 22, 2013 11:44 am
Jim talks with LSU Latin American Studies professor Stephen Andes, about Pope Francis I, the first South American pontiff, and the first from the western hemisphere.
Jan Moller, director of the Louisiana Budget Project, talks about the 62nd annual Gridiron show this weekend, which skewers local politics and events. Jan is joined by Sophia Kunen and Michael Stagg, with Forward Louisiana, to talk about Governor Jindal's tax reform proposal and why Louisiana should accept the Medicaid expansion that's part of the federal health care reforms.
Buddhist monk Anam Thubten discusses the recent rash of self-immolations among monks and holy men in his home country. He''ll speak locally this weekend at the Agame Meditation Center on Acadian.