Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue May 7, 2013
Interviews: Louisiana Department of Revenue's Douglas Baker
Originally published on Wed May 8, 2013 10:09 am
Comedienne, author and colorectal cancer survivor Brenda Elsagher, who'll speak tonight at the Pennington Center.
Jim talks with Douglas Baker, from the Louisiana Department of Revenue, about the schism between lawmakers and the Governor over use of one-time money to balance the state budget, and recent legislation to reduce tax breaks for businesses to make up that imbalance.
New Orleans area bankruptcy lawyer Bill Cherbonnier, who is opposed to House Bill 567, by Baton Rouge Rep. Erich Ponti. It would repeal the state's ban on for-profit debt adjusters.