Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue May 7, 2013
Interviews: Louisiana Department of Revenue's Douglas Baker
Originally published on Wed May 8, 2013 10:09 am
Comedienne, author and colorectal cancer survivor Brenda Elsagher, who'll speak tonight at the Pennington Center.
Jim talks with Douglas Baker, from the Louisiana Department of Revenue, about the schism between lawmakers and the Governor over use of one-time money to balance the state budget, and recent legislation to reduce tax breaks for businesses to make up that imbalance.
New Orleans area bankruptcy lawyer Bill Cherbonnier, who is opposed to House Bill 567, by Baton Rouge Rep. Erich Ponti. It would repeal the state's ban on for-profit debt adjusters.