Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
The Listening Room
Wed May 30, 2012
Intelligence Squared Debate Series: College Football
Corruption and a growing concern for head injury have put college football in the spotlight. Are football program's millions in profits exploitation? Or are they still a celebration of amateur sport?
Does football's inherent danger and violence have any place in institutions of higher learning? Or does it provide young men with educational opportunities they would not otherwise have? The debaters are Buzz Bissinger, Tim Green, Malcolm Gladwell, and Jason Whitlock.
For more information on this series go to: intelligencesquaredus.org.
Airing Sunday, June 3rd. You can hear The Listening Room Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m., on WWNO, 89.9 FM.