Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
The Listening Room
Mon March 19, 2012
Intelligence Squared Debate Series
Who does capitalism better? For all appearances, China has emerged unscathed from the global economic crisis, in stark contrast to its biggest debtor, America. China's admirers point to its ability to mobilize state resources, quick decision-making and business-friendly environment as reasons for its economic ascendency.
But can its brand of state-directed capitalism overcome rampant corruption and the threat of growing inequality, or will the American model of innovation and free markets prevail? The debaters include Orville Schell, Peter Schiff, Ian Bremmer, and Minxin Pei.
For more information on this series go to: intelligencesquaredus.org.
Air date for this show: Sunday, 3/25/2012, You can hear The Listening Room Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m., on WWNO, 89.9 FM.