Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Fri April 18, 2014
Insight: With Fresh Analysis of State Budget, Lawmakers Go 'OMG!'
Originally published on Wed April 30, 2014 4:14 pm
At the halfway mark in the state legislative session, all of the state departments have presented their piece of the state budget and the House Appropriations Committee invited the public to weigh in this week. Next it will be the committee’s turn at making changes to what the Jindal administration proposed. And new analysis of the 2014-2015 proposal shows a patchwork of funding that could leave the state could with a really big hole to fill for 2015-2016.
Robert Travis Scott, president of the Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana, has been following the developments.