Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
13.7: Cosmos And Culture
Sun May 13, 2012
"Inseparable" Mom and Baby Orangutans: Mother's Day Video Clip
Originally published on Mon May 14, 2012 7:33 am
From this primate mother to all others out there ... Happy Mother's Day!
I'm sharing here a beautiful two-minute video from the forests of Sumatra; it shows the intense, prolonged mother-infant bond among orangutans (great apes from Asia).
You can keep up with more of what Barbara is thinking on Twitter.