Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Mon August 8, 2011
Increased Security Planned for Northshore Schools
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – St. Tammany's sheriff's deputies say three Lakeshore students are accused of planning to shoot at least one other student, a faculty member and police who may respond. Officials say the three 15-year-old boys called themselves "Day Zero," and turned themselves in to authorities who were tipped off to the plan. No motive has been released. Sheriff Jack Strain says the plot was the most advanced he's ever seen, but all those involved have been arrested. Additional police patrols are planned throughout the Northshore. The boys are set to appear in court Monday for a bond hearing.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.