Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Around the Nation
Mon December 24, 2012
Ill. Chef To Make Gigantic Green Bean Casserole
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Christmas dinner means different things to different people. Maybe you're into turkey and potatoes or seven kinds of fish. Mark Shoopman is into green beans. The Illinois chef is cooking 270 pounds of beans, along with 75 pounds of onions. His goal, according to WMBD in Peoria, is the largest green bean casserole in Central Illinois. Or the world, as far as I'm concerned. The monster dish will help feed nearly 2,000 people at a shelter. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.