Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Sun July 28, 2013
Iberville Demolition Marks End Of An Era
The city is nearing final demolition of the Iberville Housing development, near the French Quarter. The collection of brick buildings has a storied history, and some structures will remain standing, as a nod to that history.
But tearing down the apartment buildings marks a big change in how New Orleans approaches low income housing, says Katy Reckdahl. She has a story in Sunday’s edition of The Advocate about the new plans for the Iberville, and its ambivalent role in New Orleans history and culture. WWNO’s Eve Troeh spoke with Reckdahl about her reporting.