Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Sun July 28, 2013
Iberville Demolition Marks End Of An Era
The city is nearing final demolition of the Iberville Housing development, near the French Quarter. The collection of brick buildings has a storied history, and some structures will remain standing, as a nod to that history.
But tearing down the apartment buildings marks a big change in how New Orleans approaches low income housing, says Katy Reckdahl. She has a story in Sunday’s edition of The Advocate about the new plans for the Iberville, and its ambivalent role in New Orleans history and culture. WWNO’s Eve Troeh spoke with Reckdahl about her reporting.