Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sun July 28, 2013
Iberville Demolition Marks End Of An Era
The city is nearing final demolition of the Iberville Housing development, near the French Quarter. The collection of brick buildings has a storied history, and some structures will remain standing, as a nod to that history.
But tearing down the apartment buildings marks a big change in how New Orleans approaches low income housing, says Katy Reckdahl. She has a story in Sunday’s edition of The Advocate about the new plans for the Iberville, and its ambivalent role in New Orleans history and culture. WWNO’s Eve Troeh spoke with Reckdahl about her reporting.