Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed January 18, 2012
Hunters Vs. Vegans
In this week's episode we'll host polar opposite points of view. John Morales & O'Shea Cleveland discuss their involvement with a vegan restaurant in New Orleans, and Scott Gibert shares his latest hunting stories.
Yields 1 1/2 cups
1 tablespoon Creole mustard
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 1/2 cups port
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup muscadine jelly (currant can be substituted)
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
In a saucepan, combine the Creole mustard, ginger, port, lemon and orange zests and juice and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and cook covered for five minutes. Whisk together the cornstarch and water and then whisk into the simmering ingredients. Whisk in the jelly, the hot sauce and the salt and simmer for an additional 2 or 3 minutes until thickened.
Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.