Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
The Listening Room
Mon April 16, 2012
The Hunt for Oil: Risks and Rewards
From the series: Burn: An Energy Journal. Host Alex Chadwick tackles one of the most important energy questions facing America: Are we running out of oil? This hour long broadcast is pegged to the second anniversary of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Alex visits the Gulf coast, where hundreds of offshore rigs cut into the ocean’s bottom in an unabated effort to satisfy the country’s petroleum needs.But as drilling continues, so does debate over the impact of Deepwater Horizon. Where did all that oil go? Is the seafood safe to eat? Two years on, how are the people and ecosystems of the Gulf holding up?
For more information on this series go to: Burn: An Energy Journal.
Air date for this show: Sunday, 4/22/2012. You can hear The Listening Room Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m., on WWNO, 89.9 FM.