Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed July 4, 2012
A Humane Farm & A Heritage Breed
This week on Louisiana Eats!, South Carolina pig farmer Emile DeFelice talks about the humanitarian efforts he practices at Caw Caw Creek Farms. Plus, farmer Justin Pitts talks to us about raising Piney Woods cattle.
Chimichurri Sauce (Yield: 1 cup)
1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, peeled
3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
Puree all ingredients in processor. Transfer to bowl. This garlicky sauce from Argentina can be made 2 hours ahead of time. Cover and let stand at room temperature. It is great spooned over any grilled meat.
Don't forget to enter our weekly culinary quiz!