Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed December 26, 2012
Hubig's Sues Fire Suppression Company
New Orleans pie maker Simon Hubig Company Inc., whose plant was destroyed in a blaze six months ago, has sued the Kenner company that created and maintained its fire suppression system.
The Times-Picayune reports the lawsuit, filed in New Orleans Civil District Court, alleges Fire & Safety Commodities' "system failed, causing the complete destruction of the Hubig's facility."
Simon Hubig Company names Fire & Safety Commodities and two of that firm's insurance companies, Arch Insurance Company and Arch Excess and Surplus Insurance Company. Hubig seeks unspecified damages in the lawsuit filed earlier this month.
Hubig's facility was destroyed in the early morning hours of July 27.
The newspaper reports a woman who answered the phone at Fire & Safety Commodities Wednesday morning declined comment.
Hubig's Pie Factory Fire