Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Sat October 24, 2009
New Orleans, LA – Can I share with you a little secret? Farmers markets may operate for only a few hours a week in each location. What you may not realize is that the relationships established beneath the tents and umbrellas carry on long past the closing bell. One example of this is the relationship between Poplarville's J&D Blueberry Farm and Hubig's Pies. Our city's beloved century long Simon Hubig Pie Company is owned by the Bowman and Ramsey families who when not frying shop at markets. This summer, they were in search of lots of frozen blueberries for their blueberry pie. And I mean lots of berries. Long story, short, lookout for Hubig's blueberry pie. It features the taste of our region long after the closing bells at our region's farmers markets. Visit WWNO.org to find farmers markets, fried pies, and the good life.