Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu February 6, 2014
Airline Loses Jamaican Bobsled Team's Belongings
Originally published on Thu February 6, 2014 6:59 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. In the movie "Cool Runnings," about Jamaican's bobsled team, the chant went: Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it's bobsled time. But at Sochi it's not quite. This year's Jamaican team finally made it to the Winter Games - that was a feat after weather in the U.S. caused them travel headaches - but the airline lost their luggage, as well as their equipment. The team's trying to stay upbeat. One member, Winston Watts, said we have a lot of friends here, I'm sure people will lend us whatever we need. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.