Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri December 28, 2012
Housekeeper Accused of Stealing from Clients
Jefferson Parish sheriff's deputies have arrested a housekeeper for allegedly stealing from the Metairie homes she was hired to clean.
The Times-Picayune reports 32-year-old Kelley Jaye, of Metairie, was booked Wednesday with three counts of theft.
Deputies say Jaye is accused of stealing more than $7,000 worth of jewelry and other property from three homes.
Sheriff's Office Spokesman Glen Boyd said investigators don't expect any additional charges in the cases. None of the jewelry has been recovered.
It was unclear whether Jaye has an attorney.