Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
State Employee Retirement
Fri May 25, 2012
House Rejects Final Passage of Jindal Pension Bill
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Gov. Bobby Jindal's proposal to create a new retirement plan for future rank-and-file state workers has failed to get final legislative passage. The proposal would create a cheaper investment account similar to a 401(k) plan for state employees hired after July 1, 2013.