Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
State Employee Retirement
Fri May 25, 2012
House Rejects Final Passage of Jindal Pension Bill
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Gov. Bobby Jindal's proposal to create a new retirement plan for future rank-and-file state workers has failed to get final legislative passage. The proposal would create a cheaper investment account similar to a 401(k) plan for state employees hired after July 1, 2013.