Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Towboat Company Fined
Mon July 2, 2012
Houma Towboat Company Fined $525,000
HOUMA — The U.S. Attorney's Office in New Orleans says a Houma towboat company must pay $525,000 in fines and penalties after pleading guilty to violating federal environmental regulations.
The Courier reports that Cenac Towing violated the Clean Water Act between June 2008 and January 2010 by failing to collect samples of the raw sewage discharged by its former yard.