Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Towboat Company Fined
Mon July 2, 2012
Houma Towboat Company Fined $525,000
HOUMA — The U.S. Attorney's Office in New Orleans says a Houma towboat company must pay $525,000 in fines and penalties after pleading guilty to violating federal environmental regulations.
The Courier reports that Cenac Towing violated the Clean Water Act between June 2008 and January 2010 by failing to collect samples of the raw sewage discharged by its former yard.