Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue July 17, 2012
Houma man pleads guilty to 3 murders
A 23-year-old Houma man will spend life in prison after pleading guilty to shooting and killing three people in 2009.
Jacobby Lee pleaded guilty Monday to three counts of first-degree murder, each of which carries a mandatory life sentence without the possibility of parole, according to the Terrebonne Parish District Attorney's Office.
The Courier (http://bit.ly/NdXWR4) reports Lee admitted killing 53-year-old Gail Collins, of Houma; 25-year-old Michael G. Herbert, of Donaldsonville; and his cousin, 33-year-old Michael D. Herbert, of Houma, over three days in 2009.
Authorities say Lee pleaded guilty in exchange for the life sentence rather than face a trial and potentially the death penalty.
The Herberts were found dead in an apartment, less than a mile from Collins' house. All three victims were shot in the head.