Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue July 17, 2012
Houma man pleads guilty to 3 murders
A 23-year-old Houma man will spend life in prison after pleading guilty to shooting and killing three people in 2009.
Jacobby Lee pleaded guilty Monday to three counts of first-degree murder, each of which carries a mandatory life sentence without the possibility of parole, according to the Terrebonne Parish District Attorney's Office.
The Courier (http://bit.ly/NdXWR4) reports Lee admitted killing 53-year-old Gail Collins, of Houma; 25-year-old Michael G. Herbert, of Donaldsonville; and his cousin, 33-year-old Michael D. Herbert, of Houma, over three days in 2009.
Authorities say Lee pleaded guilty in exchange for the life sentence rather than face a trial and potentially the death penalty.
The Herberts were found dead in an apartment, less than a mile from Collins' house. All three victims were shot in the head.