Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Sun July 22, 2012
Houma contractor issued fraud summons
A Houma contractor was issued a summons on a fraud charge Wednesday for allegedly taking payments for more than a year on a home improvement project without completing the work.
Houma police tell The Courier that John Hampton Ward, 52, had been paid about $12,900 since March 2011 to build cabinets at a local home through his company, Hampton Cabinets.
Detectives said they issued Ward a summons for home improvement fraud after the unidentified resident complained on July 13.