Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri March 16, 2012
Hotel Alcatraz Isn't Exactly Like The Prison
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Alcatraz Island was once home to Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly. This week, a few lucky visitors are getting to spend a night in the Hotel Alcatraz. This version of the legendary prison is in London, not San Francisco Bay, part of a promotion for the sci-fi series Alcatraz that debuted in Britain this week. Hotel Alcatraz features guards instead of bellhops and rooms like cells. But a menu with something you wouldn't find behind bars - wine. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.