Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Hornets TV Deal
Tue June 26, 2012
Hornets Ink New TV Deal With Fox Sports
The New Orleans Hornets have a new broadcasting deal with Fox Sports, which will televise most of the NBA club's games on a rebranded Fox Sports New Orleans affiliate.
The agreement, announced Monday, replaces an expiring deal with Cox Sports Television, and is expected to substantially increase the number of homes in which Hornets telecasts will be available.
The Hornets, recently bought by Saints owner Tom Benson, had trouble reaching many households in the region under their previous TV contract. CST was not carried by DirecTV, and at times was not available on the cable system serving large suburbs north of Lake Pontchartrain.
Hornets and network officials described the deal as "long-term," but did not announce the number or years or financial terms.