Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Fri December 3, 2010
Homes Citywide Open For Art Tours And Sales
By Eileen Fleming
wwno – The Creative Alliance of New Orleans is offering a citywide venue for purchasing original works of art directly from the artists. Spokeswoman April Posch (posh) says people on the self-guided tours will also get a chance to see displays of residents' private collections.
"You get to go inside the homes and see the wonderful architecture as well. That's why this is so unique, because we're pairing the home tours with the art collections. And then you see what people's art collections are and how they display them in their homes, which actually helps people decorate on their own."
Homes are in the French Quarter, Garden District, Central Business District and other neighborhoods. Organizers say the art is affordable and in a variety of materials and styles that reflect the region. Ticket holders will also be able to attend a series of lectures scheduled during the event on the practice of art collection. Information on tickets is available at the Creative Alliance of New Orleans web site.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming