Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue March 27, 2012
Home Prices Dipped Again In Most Cities, Report Shows
Home prices fell in most major metropolitan areas again in January, according to the widely watched S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices report. For the fifth straight month, there was a general decline — 0.8 percent in January from December.
More specifically, the researchers found that 16 of 19 metro areas "saw home prices decrease over the month; only Miami, Phoenix and Washington, D.C., home prices went up versus December 2011."
As The Associated Press notes, "the steepest declines were in San Francisco, Atlanta and Portland."