Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue March 27, 2012
Home Prices Dipped Again In Most Cities, Report Shows
Home prices fell in most major metropolitan areas again in January, according to the widely watched S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices report. For the fifth straight month, there was a general decline — 0.8 percent in January from December.
More specifically, the researchers found that 16 of 19 metro areas "saw home prices decrease over the month; only Miami, Phoenix and Washington, D.C., home prices went up versus December 2011."
As The Associated Press notes, "the steepest declines were in San Francisco, Atlanta and Portland."