Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue January 7, 2014
History Matters: Shreveporters honor a Doolittle Raider, but who were they?
Doolittle's Raiders made history during World War II as they flew over the Japanese Home Islands to attack targets in Tokyo and other cities. Retired Col. Richard Cole, 98, was co-pilot to Lt. Colonel Jimmy Doolittle, and was in Shreveport last week to receive the Spirit of Independence Award. Commentator Gary Joiner visited with Cole and fills in the history of Doolittle's dangerous mission.