Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue November 5, 2013
History Matters: 50 years ago, a look at the ousting of South Vietnam's president
The president of South Vietnam, Ngo Dinh Diem, was ousted in a coup by his generals and murdered on Nov. 2, 1963. President Kennedy had given his tacit approval to Diem’s removal. Commentator Gary Joiner recounts the events leading up to a military coup that went horribly wrong.