Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Fri July 13, 2012
Heir To Billions Arrested In Wife's Death
An update on our post from Wednesday headlined "Heir To Billions May Have Lived With Wife's Body For Days In Britain":
Today in a London court, the BBC says, a police detective testified that Hans Kristian Rausing "has been arrested on suspicion of [Eva Rausing's] murder."
But, adds The Telegraph, "police are still waiting to question the 49-year-old after interviews were suspended on Tuesday so he could be treated for alcohol withdrawal."
As we wrote Wednesday:
"Eva Rausing, a 48-year-old American and one of Britain's richest women, was found dead at her London home on Monday. ... The couple met about 25 years ago at a drug rehab clinic. In 2008, the BBC writes, 'Mrs. Rausing and her husband ... faced drug charges after crack, heroin and 52g of cocaine were found in their home. Mrs. Rausing had been arrested after she allegedly tried to smuggle small amounts of crack cocaine and heroin into the U.S. embassy in London. Charges were then dropped and a caution issued instead.' "