Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Sun January 13, 2013
Harvey Man Convicted of Molesting Young Girls
A Harvey man who served as deacon at a New Orleans church has been convicted of sexually abusing girls as young as 4 years old.
Jefferson Parish prosecutors say his victims include a woman when she was a child and her two daughters more than decade later.
The Times-Picayune reports 58-year-old Michael Videau faces mandatory life in prison when he is sentenced next month.
A jury deliberated almost four hours Thursday before convicting Videau of seven counts, involving five victims.