Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Jazzy Weekend Concerts
Fri June 8, 2012
Harpists Jazz Audiences with Two Concerts
It is a weekend for Jazz harp. The New Orleans Chapter of the American Harp Society is hosting its first Jazz and Pop harp weekend at the University of New Orleans, helping students from around the country improve their Jazz harp skills. Professional members of the local harp society and guest artists will perform in two public concerts.
"We'll have all different kinds of harps, and all different kinds of harpists playing them," said harpist and spokeswoman Patrice Fisher. "World music, Latin Jazz, Contemporary Jazz and Pop music. So, you'll hear all different kinds of reads on what is Jazz harp."
Members of the New Orleans Chapter of the American Harp Society will perform tonight at 7 p.m. at the UNO Performing Arts Recital Hall, and Sunday at Snug Harbor Jazz Bistro, 626 Frenchmen Street, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.