Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Jazzy Weekend Concerts
Fri June 8, 2012
Harpists Jazz Audiences with Two Concerts
It is a weekend for Jazz harp. The New Orleans Chapter of the American Harp Society is hosting its first Jazz and Pop harp weekend at the University of New Orleans, helping students from around the country improve their Jazz harp skills. Professional members of the local harp society and guest artists will perform in two public concerts.
"We'll have all different kinds of harps, and all different kinds of harpists playing them," said harpist and spokeswoman Patrice Fisher. "World music, Latin Jazz, Contemporary Jazz and Pop music. So, you'll hear all different kinds of reads on what is Jazz harp."
Members of the New Orleans Chapter of the American Harp Society will perform tonight at 7 p.m. at the UNO Performing Arts Recital Hall, and Sunday at Snug Harbor Jazz Bistro, 626 Frenchmen Street, at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.