Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed December 1, 2010
Mildred's Potato Latkes (Yields 24 latkes)
6 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and grated
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
1 small onion, grated
1 carrot, peeled and grated
teaspoon baking powder
Oil for frying
Drain potatoes thoroughly. Mix all ingredients together. Drop by the tablespoon full into inch of hot oil in a frying pan. Fry until browned on both sides, turning only once so potatoes do not get soggy.
Drain on paper towels and serve.