Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed December 1, 2010
Mildred's Potato Latkes (Yields 24 latkes)
6 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and grated
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
1 small onion, grated
1 carrot, peeled and grated
teaspoon baking powder
Oil for frying
Drain potatoes thoroughly. Mix all ingredients together. Drop by the tablespoon full into inch of hot oil in a frying pan. Fry until browned on both sides, turning only once so potatoes do not get soggy.
Drain on paper towels and serve.