Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri July 6, 2012
Hammond's Economy on 17-Month Roll
The city of Hammond's economy is on a 17-month roll. Sales tax receipts are up 7 percent compared to the first half of 2011. Mayor Mayson Foster says the numbers indicate not only a strong economy in Tangipahoa Parish, but also that people are staying in Hammond to make their purchases rather than going elsewhere.