Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed October 27, 2010
CALAS (Yields 1 dozen calas)
2 CUPS COOKED RICE
6 T FLOUR
3 HEAPING T SUGAR
2 TSP. BAKING POWDER
1/4 TSP. SALT
1/4 TSP. VANILLA
Mix the rice and dry ingredients together thoroughly. Add the eggs and when thoroughly mixed, drop by spoonfuls into hot deep fat (360 degrees) and fry until brown. Drain on paper. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve hot.