Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon August 27, 2012
Halliburton plant ramping up in Lafayette
Halliburton's new 200,000-square-foot plant in north Lafayette is ramping up operations.
The company says the $65 million facility manufactures equipment for the oil and gas industry.
The Advocate reports the plant opened earlier this summer and has about 135 employees.
Halliburton spokeswoman Tara Mullee-Agard says employment at the plant should reach 160 by the end of the year.
Company officials said the site in north Lafayette was attractive because of its location in the oil patch, its easy access to interstates 10 and 49 and a ready supply of skilled oil and gas industry workers.