Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon August 27, 2012
Halliburton plant ramping up in Lafayette
Halliburton's new 200,000-square-foot plant in north Lafayette is ramping up operations.
The company says the $65 million facility manufactures equipment for the oil and gas industry.
The Advocate reports the plant opened earlier this summer and has about 135 employees.
Halliburton spokeswoman Tara Mullee-Agard says employment at the plant should reach 160 by the end of the year.
Company officials said the site in north Lafayette was attractive because of its location in the oil patch, its easy access to interstates 10 and 49 and a ready supply of skilled oil and gas industry workers.