Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon December 24, 2012
Haitian, La. Ports Sign Agreement
The Port of South Louisiana and the National Port Authority of Haiti have signed a cooperative endeavor agreement, the first with a Caribbean nation for the Louisiana port.
The Haitian port hopes to take advantage of its location near the expanding Panama Canal to gain more shipping business.
The two ports will cooperate on sharing trade practices and developing business relationships.
The Haitian port authority is under the supervision of the Ministry of Economy and Finance.
The Port of South Louisiana is a major bulk port operating along about 50 miles of the Mississippi River between Baton Rouge and New Orleans.