Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Mon December 24, 2012
Haitian, La. Ports Sign Agreement
The Port of South Louisiana and the National Port Authority of Haiti have signed a cooperative endeavor agreement, the first with a Caribbean nation for the Louisiana port.
The Haitian port hopes to take advantage of its location near the expanding Panama Canal to gain more shipping business.
The two ports will cooperate on sharing trade practices and developing business relationships.
The Haitian port authority is under the supervision of the Ministry of Economy and Finance.
The Port of South Louisiana is a major bulk port operating along about 50 miles of the Mississippi River between Baton Rouge and New Orleans.