Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Gulf Oil Spill
Mon February 28, 2011
Gulf Task Force Meeting In New Orleans
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Presiding at the meeting of the Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Task Force is Lisa Jackson - the New Orleans native in charge of the Environmental Protection Agency. The 14-member panel has representatives of states from Florida to Texas. Louisiana's lead coastal official Garret Graves will outline a local perspective on a coordinated response to rebuilding the Gulf. President Obama has instructed the panel by executive order to coordinate federal, state and local efforts to deal with environmental problems that existed before the oil spill - and after. The public is also invited to participate in the all-day session.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.